Lumos Your Life will be available again in August 2017.
No more living vicariously through fiction.
It’s time to be your own heroine.
What if you could wake up at Hogwarts every day?
You may have heard terms like “mindfulness” and “living in the moment”. You know they’re good things, but what do they mean exactly?
How about “capturing the spirit of Hogwarts in your heart every day”?
If you feel like infusing a little more bookish magic into your life, Lumos Your Life is for you.
We’re a membership training community, an 8-week school
in a virtual palace where fiction meets reality.
Why live like a Muggle
when you’re secretly a witch?
Lumos Your Life is about chasing your dreams like a Seeker after a Golden Snitch: I send you your letter, and lead you through a programme designed to help you identify, follow, and achieve your very own magical mission.
DARE TO DREAM like a GRYFFINDOR
Choose your own destiny.
let go of the guilt in guilty pleasure and
free your inner child.
READY YOUR MIND like a RAVENCLAW
Define your dreams,
craft a master plan for your daily ritual,
and start living it now.
FIND YOUR QUEST like a HUFFLEPUFF
feel worthy of your life’s desires,
own your worth,
and understand the value you have to offer.
LIVE YOUR LEGACY like a SLYTHERIN
stop putting yourself on hold.
you have the potential – now use it.
live in wonder
live in amazement
live like you just received your hogwarts letter
love what you love openly and fully.
be the example. embrace your geekish glow.
You will receive:
- Your very own Hogwarts letter, sent via Owl* Post [*actual appearance of owl not guaranteed…]
- A master plan for following your own Heroine’s Journey – inspired by the four Hogwarts houses – that you can follow any time you’ve lost your way
- A personal remedy for healing. I’ll work with you to put together a recipe for what you need when you’re feeling down, unmotivated, and utterly stuck.
- A Harry Potter meditation recording that will fill you up like Felix Felicis!
- Access to the entire Restricted Section of Potter-inspired workbooks, including Reducto Overwhelm, and Magical Mornings, designed to lead you step by step through crafting and implementing your ideal daily rituals (value: $81+)
- Video pep talks from Professor Xandra-dore, in your inbox every Monday morning for 8 weeks, leading you to live a life of empowerment
- Lessons from your 4 inspiring Heads of Houses and inspiring guest witches, showing off the shine for each of the Hogwarts houses
- The password to our secret common room on Facebook [for life!], your go-to hangout for homework help, weekly office hour chats by the fire, and finding likeminded ladies who get you.
- Permission to love what you love openly.
I’m ready to Lumos my Life!
registration will re-open in August 2017.
Want to dive deeper?
Add an intensive 1:1 journey into the Pensieve for an extra investment of $195. Choose your own challenge, be it crafting the perfect morning ritual, finding an organisational system that sticks, or concocting a potion for difficult days, and we’ll tackle it together.
Access the Restricted Section
“Because that’s what Hermione does. When in doubt, go to the library.”
Enrollment includes lifetime access to the Heroine Training Restricted Section of Potter-inspired workbooks, tailored to building your own magical rituals. And it’s growing every year! Titles include:
Give your brain a break, get through your everyday, and live slowly – as if you were surrounded by the magic of Hogwarts.
- how to take care of yourself physically
- how to take care of yourself mentally
- getting organised so you can have room to chase your dreams
This workbook on waking up early and magical mornings guides you through waking up, staying up, and living it up like the sorceress you know you can be.
- choose your wakeup time
- wake up to a treat
- make a habit that sticks
- enjoy your extra hours
Accio Antidote (new this year!)
It’s time to invent your own personal potion like a Half-Blood Princess, because even the brightest witches have days when getting out of bed feels harder than battling a Hungarian Horntail.
- create your own courage
- figure out what gets you going again
- craft a personal recipe for fighting the dementors in your brain
no more hiding away in your cupboard under the stairs.
the world is your room of requirement:
use it well.
Enter our secret common room…
Curl up in your favourite squashy armchair by the fire, fill out your workbooks by quill, and enjoy a cosy chat with your best friends over magically refilling cups of tea. Our house unity common room is already filled with fantastic witches from years one and two, with occasional visits from your heads of house, Hogwarts professors, and even a house ghost. The perfect atmosphere for swapping chocolate frog cards, practicing potions, and freaking out over Fantastic Beasts trailers! Oh and yes, there will be a Halloween feast, obviously.
About the Founder, Professor Xandra-dore
Xandra Robinson-Burns is a writer on a mission to unite fiction and reality.
Her passion for magical worlds led her to Oxford University to read English whilst soaking up the city that inspired Middle Earth, Narnia, and Wonderland, to name a few. She now lives in Scotland, [aka Hogwarts country].
Xandra has been a media presence as a Harry Potter fan from her appearance on Boston television at age 11 to her contribution to The Guardian at age 24. She was on the winning team for LeakyCon 2011’s Harry Potter trivia competition, and currently serves as an expert consultant for London’s Harry Potter pub quiz “You’re a Quizzard Harry”.
She is a Gryffindor, and is not actually an Azkaban prisoner.
MEET YOUR MENTORS
a fabulous head for each house
HARRY POTTER MEDITATION
This year we welcome to the Lumos staff , our Divination teacher, Professor Sarah Starrs!
For the longest time meditation was a thing I knew was good for me, but it felt so overwhelming to get started. Here’s an excellent intro to the practice.
Sarah, a Ravenclaw, has recorded a Harry Potter meditation that is seriously magical. Pop the recording on your iPod and press play when you need a gulp of Felix Felicis to spark self-confidence and encouragement into your day.
Lumos Your Life is for you if…
- you catch yourself saying “one day…” instead of starting today
- you crave adventure in your everyday rituals
- you would rather hide behind a book than face the world
- you want to do it all, but can’t get the momentum + motivation flowing
- you thrive in a creative environment
- you’re waiting for your quest to come calling
- sometimes it feels like passionate geek party of one seeking a tribe of like-minded witches
…and maybe not for you if:
- you’re looking for a simple spell that will solve all your problems without any hard work attached. Not even Expelliarmus can do that!
- you have zero interest in Harry Potter. You don’t have to be as much of a Potterhead as I am [I mean, the bar is pretty high], but a little curiosity is required to fully enjoy the programme. We have had students who had never read the books, always meant to, and found our community to be perfect for diving into the Wizarding World for the first time.
- you are particularly averse to geekish puns. But they’re really clever, I promise.
Limited Spaces Available!
Since Lumos Your Life is a one-lady show, I like to keep class sizes down to a maximum of 20 per year. I want to give you my full, undivided attention to personally make sure that you get the most out of the experience. Sometimes big online groups can be overwhelming, and I want every Neville out there to have the space and attention necessary to grow into a badass hero. No one will be left alone to eat lunch in Moaning Myrtle’s toilet.
That said, you will have the help and support of the four heads of house, as well as our prefects and students from the year above for fireside common room chats at all hours of the day, since our students come from all over the world.
Payment Plan option: 2 installments of $270
Deadline: 26 August at midnight London time
Accio Momentum! Accio Motivation!
Q: How do I know if this is right for me?
A: If you have ever lived in a fantasy world in your head, but wished it were real, this is for you. If you are still waiting for your letter to Hogwarts, and are desperately ready to how to make your life more magical, this is for you. If you are ready to embrace your inner Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin to take your dreams from page to practice, this is for you.
Q: What happens after I sign up?
A: You will be billed via PayPal, then you will receive a confirmation email. If you choose to provide your postal address, you will also receive an official letter in the mail.
Q: Why is this only offered during part of the year?
A: Because the Hogwarts Express leaves on 1 September, and Harry Potter Day is 1 November. Having one course per year creates a tight-knit community, and gives focus to the learning months.
Q: Do you offer refunds?
A: Yes. I am confident that you will love Lumos Your Life, but if we’re not the right fit, just turn in your completed work from the first four weeks of the course to show you’ve given it a try, and I’ll refund you fully (minus transaction fee).
Q: Do I have to be a Harry Potter fan to enjoy Lumos Your Life?
A: Being a Harry Potter fan will allow you to appreciate references within the structure, which is based on the four Hogwarts Houses. Beyond that, however, Lumos Your Life is about much more than Harry Potter. Just like the Heroine Training blog, we will reference many different heroines and heroes from various genres and media.