In lieu of a New Year’s Resolution, this year I am embarking on a Happiness Project-inspired year, using the categories Gretchen Rubin lays out in her book. For her, January is for Vitality, so this month I shall brush up on my already-formed healthy habits to stay energized.
- Exercise More
- Sign up for recurring yoga classes.
- Go climbing once a week.
- Sign up for a 10K.
- Continue to walk a lot.
- Spend less time behind screens.
- Spend less time surfin the net, more time reading books.
- Eat well.
- Remember that veggies energize me, while sugar makes me sleepy and cranky.
- Sleep well.
- Drink sleepy time tea.
- Wind down in the evenings.
- Act energetically.
- “Act the way you want to feel”
It sounds like a lot, but these are all habits that I have built up in the past, and this month is for boosting them back into shape.
My new project is collaging a vision board of sorts: sprucing up my favourite postcard depicting Mulan boldness, inspiring freshness with bubble wrap and a Gryffindor banner, zoning out into space, and channeling this tough chick. I’ve stuck them under my clear IKEA desk as a constant reminder of my super heroine intentions.
What habits are you working on this year?
P.S. For another habit-building technique, check out my Sparkle Steps guide :)