Jun 12 2015
I’m riding on an accomplishment high. Since starting to use a Passion Planner in March, I have finally completed EVERY task I set for myself in the week!
1. Take the time to plan. It pays off. Estimate how much time each task will take, and round up.
2. Reflect as you go: each day, each week – what are you super proud of, and what could you do better?
3. Choose your focus for the week: if you get only one thing done, what is the most important thing? Repeat this for each day as well.
4. Request the assistance of accountability buddies to help you, especially with those tasks you keep putting off. Siobhan and I, the Edinburgh branch of Miracle Workers, scheduled an ice cream date to celebrate staying on task. I ended up pushing my most challenging, fear-inducing task until that morning, but it got done!
5. Hustle through to the end. Sometimes when it looks like I won’t get enough done, I give up. Not good!
One of my favourite quotes from Walt Disney: “Everyone needs deadlines”. So true!
Set aside some time to plan out your next week. Or better yet, do it now! Then report back with what you want to get done and I’ll hold you accountable :)
P.S. Throwback to one of my favourite little essays I’ve written about Nature, Wonder, Magic, Travel.
I can’t believe it, but I hadn’t been to London since September. This weekend, Monkey and I were in town for the wedding of the lady who is now called Sarah Starrs – it was so special to be a part of their Teeny Wedding Chronicles! When the festivities were over, the improvised adventures began. SUNDAY 12:00 Monkey […]
Mini Adventure: London Weekend
Jun 11 2015
Been meaning to start working out? Try Mo’s guide on how to start working out when you really don’t want to, and Bri’s Health Challenge chronicles for inspiration. “I’m sorry for coining the phrase Manic Pixie Dream Girl”: You know, I never had a problem with the phrase, but I guess it got out of control. […]
Sunday Sampling / Constraints Can Make You More Creative
Jun 14 2015