Caroline and I have been teasing you for months, and the day is finally here! We present to you, FabulosiTEA, a podcast about what you bring to the tea party – essentials for the modern heroine. [We are so. Excited.].
Episode 1: In Which we Discuss Cultivating Your Inner Bibliophile
Because the two of us are bubbling bibliophiles, here’s twenty minutes about reading books, browsing bookstores, and discovering magical worlds.
Show notes, pretty pictures, and a download option here!
Plus… My Top 10 Favourite Books
As promised on the podcast, here’s my top ten. Man what a task.
- The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- Middlemarch by George Eliot
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
- Le Petit Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson
- Wicked by Gregory Maguire
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
And some book lists…
On the ‘cast, Caroline outs me as a book list nerd. I might as well own it. Here are some lists I consult as I schedule my reading year (yes, I do that too. Deal.):
- Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge
- BBC’s The Big Read
- Wall Street Journal 12 Months of Reading
- Printz Award
- The Man Booker Prize
- Harry Potter’s Bookshelf by John Granger
- AND LOADS MORE
But most of all, I read recommendations from friends. So…what are your favorites?
P.S. For more FabulosiTEA, and to join in on the conversation, visit our tumblr!