A week ago I was feeling pretty meh.
- I have a dissertation due soon.
- I don’t feel like working on it.
- I wish I had finished this sooner so I could spend more time writing other things (like this blog).
- Ugh the Fringe has started and I’m stuck in here writing.
- My landlady won’t let me have a puppy.
But what about some real world struggles in my own past? Last summer, my list looked like this:
- My visa and passport still haven’t come back, so…
- I might miss my college’s 700th anniversary ball.
- I might miss my birthday celebration, at the final production of The Drowned Man.
- I might not get to go to London with my family to see Monty Python.
- I might not get to the UK in time for my summer job.
It sucks when your future is mostly out of your control.
But it can also suck when your future IS in your control, because you are to blame.