As a kid, when the Christmas boxes came upstairs from the basement, the most exciting one was the box of books: nostalgic classics like The Polar Express and Courduroy’s Christmas, as well as other random books that maybe no one else had heard of, but were special because they were there every year.
As I got older I found a new book to add to the Christmas lit pile:
Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle.
Because I read anything with the words “John Green” or “Maureen Johnson” on the cover, this was an obvious choice for me. I did not realize that I would be up all night reading it in one sitting (let’s be honest – I was probably rolling around on my bed fighting heavy eyelids, but unable to put it down).
Three interweaving short stories focusing on a different set of totally lovable characters who all end up in the same Starbucks in the end.
For fans of:
- John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle, duh.
- Stephanie Perkins’s novels, and other good YA love stories.
- Love Actually, for Christmasy warmth, even if you’re Jewish.
- Juno and The Way, Way Back, and films that get the dynamics of teenage friendship.
- Daniel Craig; he’s mentioned.