Throughout 2015, I reread Jane Austen’s six novels so that I could make something special for you – a little project called Letters from Jane Austen.
What is Letters from Jane Austen?
You could call it…
- a 1:1 book club through letters
- a reading guide that is way more elegant than Sparknotes
- weekly love letters, reminding you be your own heroine (and how)
As a teenager, I struggled with Pride & Prejudice. In hindsight I know exactly why: I was a speed-reading, multi-tasking busybody, and if I hadn’t found a mentor, I wouldn’t have made it through a single Austen novel. But I did find her, and after a year of her guidance through Regency England, I was a total Janeite.
I would like to return the service. Jane Austen’s novels are essential reading for heroines in training: I have learned so many life lessons from her heroines and their surprisingly relatable realities.
So you, my friend, are invited to join me in a year of Jane Austen.
Ready to join?
You will receive:
- weekly letters corresponding to a couple of chapters at a time
- modern-day commentary on Austen heroine happenings
- advice gleaned from the wisdom imparted by our sassy Miss Jane