Xandra Robinson-Burns is an Essayist and the Founder of Heroine Training™️. 'The Queen of Character Development', she writes about being the protagonist of her own story, and finding storybook magic in everyday life.
Her membership programme, Everyday Wonderland™️, helps readers discover magic where they already are, away from screens. She also hosts The Art Life, a weekly podcast and emerging philosophy on what it means to be an artist in the modern age.
A TEDx speaker and Oxford graduate, her work has been featured in The Guardian and the San Francisco Chronicle.
I'm available for interviews for your podcast or publication. I would love to speak about creativity, simplicity, character, and more.
Some topics include:
- Designing your dream creative routine
- Character development, and what we can learn about ourselves form fiction (Favourites: Austen, Harry Potter, Gossip Girl, and Gilmore girls)
- Minimalism: how when we cut out clutter, we are left with our heroic selves
- Being an artist and entrepreneur
- My creative process
I bring unique events to storefronts (such as Kate Spade and Waterstones), retreats, and local businesses, leading workshops and talks on being your own heroine.
Signature presentations include:
- Heroine Training Tea Party
- What Would a Heroine Do?
- Design Your Dream Routine
Past Appearances include:
- University of Oxford, Exeter College
- Granger Leadership Academy
- Ruckus Retreat
Heroine Training Tea Party
In this intimate salon-style experience, connect with ourselves and each other over tea. A Heroine Training Tea Party is a cosy, pop-up empowerment space for gathering likeminded readers through conversation and mindfulness through fabulousness.
Each party opens with motivational welcome by Xandra (me), followed by discussion guided by a bespoke questionnaire of topics (which can be tailored to themes of your event).
Our table is a space to be open about what excites us. A reminder that:
- Self-reflection doesn't have to feel like homework.
- Personal development can be as playful as a tea party.
- There is wisdom and something to learn in everything we enjoy for fun.
This party is best suited to a table of 5-9 guests across two hours. Tea and refreshments organised separately.
Basically, Robinson-Burns is a motivational speaker — but she’s genuine and passionate and kind of nervously nerdy about her job. As a result, she was subtle yet effective in inspiring our small tea party group to root for ourselves like we’re the protagonists in our own awesome novels.”
– Beth Spotswood, San Francisco Chronicle
Xandra is a compassionate self-care teacher, intuitive personal development leader, and generous guide for rebel heroines. Her thoughtfully organized events - from workshops to tea parties — leave one with inspiration, a set of tools, and new friends.
Hearing others, especially women, voice what's behind their bravery - conflict & desire, expectation & intention, anxiety & so much love - is a deep comfort. And so validating. I feel reflective and peaceful after our conversation. Heroine Training was just what my spirit needed, and Xandra is a compassionate self-care teacher, intuitive personal development leader, and generous guide for rebel heroines."
What Would a Heroine Do?
My signature masterclass on seeking mini adventures, and living like a protagonist in your daily life
Learn how to care for yourself as much as you do for your favourite fictional characters.
Design Your Dream Routine
Even your ideal self lives life on a daily basis. Design your dream routine, and grant yourself a version of it. Be the protagonist of your own story by prioritising your craft every day.
This session is driven by motivational storytelling, imaginative brainstorming exercises, and group discussion. Participants will:
- dream up wish lists for daily schedules
- explore personal creative tendencies
- define action steps for implementing inspiring daily rituals within the context of current commitments
I specialise in making daily life more magical, and celebrating process over product.
Heroine Training at TEDx
How Harry Potter Saved My Life
The 5AM Miracle Podcast: Heroine in Training with Xandra Robinson-Burns
- Work Your Inner Wisdom: Creativity and the Entrepreneur with Xandra Robinson-Burns
The Girl Gang Conversations: Being your own heroine, dressing for the occasion, & modern minimalism with Xandra Robinson-Burns
- The Not Guide: Life After College: Escapism with Xandra Robinson-Burns
- #WizardTeam: Blood Purity and Mixed Race Identity
Articles about Me
- The Guardian | ‘I got Gryffindor pyjamas for my 27th birthday’: fans on 20 years of Harry Potter
- The Guardian | How Harry Potter Changed My Life
- American Airlines: American Way | 20 Ways Harry Potter Changed the World
- San Francisco Chronicle | Raising a teacup to empowerment and literature
- The Fem | Meet Xandra Robinson-Burns
Articles by Me
- Books from Scotland | Millennial, You’re a Wizard: Hopefulness and the Harry Potter Generation
- Dear Damsels | Trust This: What Rock Climbing Taught Me About the Fear of Moving Forward
- Be More With Less | Project 333 and Capsule Wardrobes in Action: Xandra
- Miss Minimalist | Real Life Minimalists: Xandra
I am currently a culture columnist for Cool And Thoughtful: