While cleaning out my desk, I found this list ^ I made in high school. Pretty sage.
1. Always have a water bottle system. [“system”??] Make sure you are never dehydrated.
2. Buy a planner and STICK TO IT.
3. Have one email address that you always keep, preferably including your name and your school or company. [Profesh!]
4. Have a playlist of favourite songs that will always make you excited.
5. Eat only when you’re hungry.
6. Get into an exercise routine and STICK TO IT. [Sensing a pattern here.]
7. Reflect in a journal daily. Don’t think about grammar, spelling, appropriateness, wit – anything. Just write.
I still follow these, actually, and I still write lists of things in sevens [like Sunday Sampling].
Here are more of my rules. When I follow them, I am happier.
Aim to be 5 minutes early and always be on time.
Lie on the bed only when it’s time for sleep.
Always have a glass of water within arm’s reach.
Waffles must be shared.
Say I will, not I will try.
Say I won’t, not I can’t.
Do what feels right.
Spend less when possible, save for special occasions.
Give accurate time scales for things.
Don’t leave in a bad mood.
When in doubt get fresh air and share a snack.
Never eat alone.
Do my laundry and clean my room every Sunday.
Write four pages in my journal each morning, preferably outside.
Read British Vogue cover-to-cover each month.
Finish a magazine before buying a new one.
Charge things before bed.
Write letters every Sunday.
Empty handbags when I get home.
Get fresh air every morning.
Plan tomorrow the night before.
Check email once per day, for 15-30 minutes.
Choose the healthier option.
A home is but a house without fairy lights.
What are your rules?