Travel. It’s probably my number one motivator for owning less. Packing is easier, and isn’t it marvellous to travel fashionably light? (Yes.).
For my five-day trip to Paris I brought:
- one dress (a Little Black one, appropriately)
- two pairs of tights (which I layered together for the departure from gloomy London)
- my Ambrym Duck Top
- my flanel Gilly Hicks buttondown – perfect for layering (seen here)
- a hoodie, borrowed/stolen from The Monkey
- knitwear: hat, gloves, scarf
- signature Crown & Glory bow
- and as always, my Docs and All Saints coat.
I actually didn’t need the flanel top, but just because I was lucky weather-wise – it’s a must-have in the unpredictable European pseudo-springtime. The rest worked perfectly for wanders through parks, long dinners, and 10pm jazz in the cellar basement of a pub.