3 nights in Seattle [my graduation present]. 3 nights in Palo Alto with an SF jaunt [visiting Sister].
Urban exploring. Restaurant-ing. Geek-hopping through the west coast’s best indie bookstores. Meeting old friends [Alexandra S. Laura. Carrie. Kara’s Cupcakes.] and new [Melina. Angela. Tin Pot Cremery.]. Could this get any better?
The airplane outfit:
- my new scarf – a birthday present from CJ who did his homework and read my post about layering. Aw!
- my Betsey Johnson hoodie – dress it up dress it down. There’s a big bow in the back.
- my Himalayan dress – my go-to summer frock
- my Malvolio shoes – from Shoe Embassy. Love.
- [not shown] cosy black leggings for in-the-air comfort and legwear layering.
- my Chuck Taylors – I keep these at home in Boston while my boots live in London. I travel light, but bring two pairs of shoes when I can – better for the shoes and the feet!
- my Malvolio shoes – snuck in the picture again…
- some tall socks – for layering and unpredictable weather, I bring an array of legwear.
- tangerine tights – more legwear.
- my Pac Man dress – it’s in all my pictures. Now you know why.
- white socks – I keep an extra pair in my bag on long urban walking days. Keeps my feet happy.
- charger-y cord things – better to bring chargers even when I think I won’t need them. Stress. Free.
- flip phone – I’m a happy dinosaur.
- water bottle – except in broke during the trip. Any recommendations for an awesome water bottle? Seriously, send me a tweet, I need help.
- Severus, my kindle, encased in Life Geekery
- Tide-to-Go, Sharpie, Muji pen. All lifesavers.
- mini [adorable] Chanel [a present from Halmoni!], rock paper scissors necklace, Betsey Johnson bee necklace, hand sanitizer, band aids [further foot care], Crown & Glory hairband.
- my journal – I journal every day, even if it’s just a sentence. Do you?
- my Immaginacija planner – I added the mushroom.
- my Pretty in Pink cupcake makeup bag [from Sydney] stuffed with deodorant, Chanel lipstick, Lush 9 to 5 Cleansing Lotion, Lush Dirty Toothy Tabs, and a tooth brush.
- print-out maps with day plans [because I couldn’t find a Seattle Moleskine. Major bummer.] and Wallpaper guides to Seattle and San Francisco – I keep plugging these guides to everyone. Including you, apparently. They. Are. Great.
- my Cute – David and Goliath purse. I wrote about what’s typically inside here!
- earphones and Toadette [in her Tovicorrie case] – I have no smartphone but my iPod is a smart cookie.
The above [plus underthings] fits in my Marc Jacobs backpack [shown here] but for this trip was packed in a suitcase with extra space to help Sister move home. I relied on hotel soaps and things for bathing, and picked up a book and matching cosmetics and a much-needed new pair of heels on my travels.
Travel light, live light, spread light, be the light,