Micro-Pleasure No.71 – Play Areas!
A true Micro-Pleasure in physical tininess. Admittedly, they would be even more fun if ’twere acceptable for me play in them, but alas, I’m fine with admiring aesthetics from afar…
The really lovely play areas tend to be nestled in cute cafés (such as my favourite Bath-based one) or cosy theatre nooks, like the RSC‘s above. Favourite features include tiny houses, fairy lights, and of course, colouring.
I also love…
72. takeaway at Wasabi (especially tofu nigiri!)
73. how the simplest gesture of free food makes people very very happy
74. seeing someone else with my Converse boots, styled totally differently
75. the excuse of friendship to visit Paris and Jordan (btw, happy birthday Rosanna!)
76. surprise audiobooks delivered via mix tape-esque USB
77. ice cream truck music and the inevitable ice cream truck whose arrival it promises
79. counting puppies in Hyde Park
80. public clocks displayed in cities – often architecturally appealing, and always convenient
82. the fact that there is a Tube station called Tooting Broadway and I will pass it every time I go home…