Chapter, Fashionably Light
Jul 01 2013
Walking through Paris is charming for the architecture, calming for the air’s apparent density of thought, and sophisticated for the sleek attentive fashion. The street art, however, is the magic – that extra dose of secret spunk. Always subtle, and always profound.
61. sinking into a comfy sofa
62. being early and having that moment to breathe
63. unlimited piano practice time
64. how London jaunts with my Vegan Guru always manage to bring us to Whole Foods
65. gel pens, especially the metallic kind from my childhood
66. watching The September Issue and getting super psyched for a blogging marathon
67. watching The September Issue and getting super psyched about colour blocking
68. how a former Café Rouge employee recognised me as a Little Clarendon branch regular from a year ago
69. redeeming a well-earned loyalty card for a free lunch
71. Hans Zimmer
P.S. Happy birthday to Emma, the girl who introduced me to Paris :)
Before: After: Goodbye, petite souris, from my darling Rick’s Cafe! P.S. It tastes better if you limit yourself to one small cake per day. Challenging as that limitation is!
Simple Fix: Savour the Last Bite
Jun 28 2013
Pippin, Pippin… Childhood for me involved rollerblading around our concrete basement listening to my dad’s Original Cast album of Stephen Schwartz’s beloved musical on vinyl. Little did I know that its songs would embed themselves in my brain and crescendo into an OMG best musical ever obsession. [Well. It rivals Into the Woods. Don’t make me choose.]. […]
Min-spiration: Pippin the Musical – It’s Time to Start Livin!
Jul 02 2013